A lot of sales managers don’t seem to know what sales enablement is.
I’m sure of all of us have experienced a terrible sales manager and sales structure. You attend endless sales meetings that never gives you anything. You feel unappreciated, and every sale is a fight through the internal bureaucracy. Yes, I have been there too.
A few months back I wrote a popular article, “My take on the 7 success factors for B2B Sales” where I explored if I was new to B2B sales where would I start? This month I have been thinking about the role of sales managers and how a well-executed sales team should work.
Sales Enablement helps you become the kickass sales manager
I did a lot of research, and I found a brilliant Infographic that describes what I am working on at the moment and how I do it. Below is a list of what I did when I started at my latest venture
- First I implemented a new marketing system and CRM
- Outlined the Sales Process with the help of my tool How to design a sales process for B2B
- Created a sales and marketing strategy
- Created a lead nurturing program
- Updated all power points
- Built sales tools in the form of blog articles and email templates
- Implemented weekly and daily sales meeting
Now, this is all great but to be honest, I still have a long way to go before I reach level 4 in the Infographic below. All the work mentioned above was done in a few months, and we are still missing a lot of sales tools and both the sales process and lead nurturing program need improvements. But this is a good start. I hope you will be as inspired by the infographic below as I was. Good luck!
Sales Enablement Infographic